Monday, October 27, 2014

Mission Newsletter #45

And I have to work with these guys!?!?! haha. Jk. They are great.




I just got news that I'm being transferred from Russellville!!! :'( I know bigger things are in store for me elsewhere, but it's always hard to leave. On Sunday, the Bishop had me bear my testimony and I bawled like a BABY! Holy Cow! Talk about water works! Normally I only cry or tear up a little bit, but every time I looked at Lynn or Joe, it was like a whole river would gush out of my eyeball! It was ridiculous. I really am sad I have to leave them. They are my family. I firmly feel and know that I was sent to Russellville for them. We needed each other. I know that we were friends in the life before. There is that spiritual, undeniable connection. We will be friends forever. That much I know. :) I hope and pray that wherever I go, I will get permission to go back to see them be baptized. That would mean the WORLD to me!

Goodbye, Russelville!
This week we were privileged to have Interviews with President Hanks. I just LOVE that man. He is
great! He is so nice, caring, but also genius! He is so conscious and aware of the Lord and His work. He can know just what to say to help it continue to move forward in vigor! That is a spiritual gift and I am so lucky to have him as my mission president to lead us in the field.

Exciting moment! AMBER WAS BAPTIZED!!! It took place on Saturday! What a great experience for her! You could tell she was happy. :) She said it was like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. It's been great to help her and show her what God has in store for her. This is a new start and God is so pleased. :)

This transfer, we've had a huge blessing that every companionship in our ward has had a baptism. 3 Baptisms! That's incredible! It was so great to work together to help with the work. We have a great ward and Sister Woodard and I have been blessed to work with some stellar elders! I'll miss this place!

I am excited for my new area and nervous at the same time. There'll be changes and much growth. I know I will grow a lot in my next area. God has a plan and watches over all of us. No matter where we are. Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." As long as we remember that and put our trust in Him, we can go in courage and say, "All that thou commandest us we will do, and whithersoever thou sendest us, we will go." (Joshua 1:16) Wherever I am called, I will go. It's hard to say goodbye, but it's time for another new start! I will have faith, courage, and spunk and go!

I love you all! Take care and pray for me!
With Lots of Cuteness,
Sister Salmond ;)

P.S. Visiting the Home of Elvis for President Interviews! Hubba-hubba. I've been a Belieber, a Directioner, and you better believe that if I were alive during Elvis's reign, I would've been a Elvister!






No comments:

Post a Comment