Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mission Newsletter #39

Reunited with Sister Senior FINALLY at the Zone Conference! She is such a babe!
We washed Bebe so Nancy wouldn't have to do it. 
Things are still going so well in Russellville! Lynn is still taking the lessons and this week Lynn and her husband Joe came with two of their grandkids to church! They even got there before we did! So exciting! When I went up to them Lynn said, "There's my girl!" She is so sweet. I am seriously falling in love with this family and feeling myself getting attached. Joe also got really involved in church and participated several times! He loves it and is really getting it. They are a great couple and fit right in. We are so blessed to be teaching them!

Good ole South :) Love seeing religion everywhere expressed in everyone's own way!

Visiting Della
Funny Story! So, we met a lady at Walmart, Melissa, and we asked her if she knew anyone who could use a visit, service, or message of Christ. She referred us to an older lady in a rehab facility. To be completely honest, I didn't think the lady in rehab would go anywhere. Older people here can be really stuck in their ways and in their beliefs. However, I knew she would be a key into getting into Melissa's home. So, we called the elderly lady, Della, to report to Melissa we had seen her. Della told us to come on over. When we arrived, her son and his wife was there with her. Sister Crandall and I tagged teamed it. She visited with Della as I spoke with the Maxwell and Marilyn. They are Holiness, which is different than Della (she's Apostolic.) I talked to them about their beliefs and ours and how we believe in a modern day prophet. We had a good conversation and set up an appointment to see them the next day to teach them more. As Sister Crandall and I left, she asked me if I heard why she was in the rehab. "She broke her hip?" That's all I had heard... "But do you know how?" I didn't. She then went on to tell me that Della was in church and was "caught up in the Holy Ghost." It had flown her across the room where she hit her head on a pew and then broke her hip, but "by the grace of God" she lived. She didn't even have a
headache! Wow! What an aggressive Holy Ghost?! It made me chuckle. I am so grateful that we understand the true nature of God: submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love and long-suffering. He is not a God of shows, ruckus, and chaos. He loves us and we can feel it though that peace, burning in our bosom, and the still small voice.

Rockin with Elvis! (a statue in the middle of our area)
Since then, we have gone back and started teaching Marilyn and Maxwell. They are open to what we have taught thus far and have committed to start reading the Book of Mormon. We really prepped them for Anti cuz they will probably get it since they go to a Holiness church, but we pray that they can stay strong and receive the blessings of this gospel.


Lastly, we had an amazing opportunity to have a Zone Conference with Elder Zwick from the Seventy. We found out that we'll be receiving iPads in January. Pretty cool! Also, there is a new movie coming out, which I am sure y'all already know about called "Meet the Mormons." We'll have
Miami Ice! They have things named after celebrities too! haha
an opportunity to see it in October when it comes out and it'll open many doors to the work, I am sure! He talked to us a lot about the growth in technology and how it can help impact the missionary work for good. One thing he said that really impacted me is that "there'll be a big miracle here in this mission coming soon and it's up to your personal wisdom, dedication, and virtue to help it come forth." Wow! I hope I can see this miracle unfold while I am still on my mission. If not, I at least want to be able to know that I did everything I could to help that miracle unfold. I am thrilled to have these wonderful tools soon to help the Lord's work move forth. I strive to be a missionary and daughter God is proud of and knows He can use for good. I love this gospel and I am so grateful to be part of this work here in Alabama. Good things are soon to come. Now is the time we prepare for the coming of our Lord! The time is at hand!
Saying goodbye to the Foursome here in Russellville! Sister Crandall is being transferred and Elder Gale is going home to Nevada!! Crazy! His mission is over! He is a great missionary. No joke. His testimony is so strong and he has had an amazing conversion. I look up to him a lot. Have a great time with Your Fam Elder Gale!!!

I love y'all so much and hope y'all have another grand week! Remember, we have great tools in our hands to move forward the work. Don't be afraid to share it with uplifting messages on facebook or with friends. Our opportunities are limitless!

Love y'all!
Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment