Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mission Newsletter #42

Ok. Look at this HUGE spider outside of our church building!!! It's the biggest I have EVER SEEN! Of course I discovered it. Seems like it's just my luck. But look at the comparison to the rocks! And next to Becky's thumb (it's the size of the smooshed abdomen) Gross!!! I can't do spiders! I just Can't!



Ok. I just LOVE conference! I was so lucky to start my mission with Conference at the MTC 1 Year Ago. YES! It's been a Year! Crazy. To be honest, I don't know how to feel about it, so don't ask. I just don't think about it. However, I do love celebrations, sooo... I couldn't help but do something special. :) I made me an Everything-Free Chocolate Cake and celebrated like any one year old child would! I got down and dirty! I couldn't help it! A girl's got to do, what a girls got to do. *shrug* (But don't worry, I paid for it later with a whopping stomach ache! I don't think I'm used to eating that much cake/chocolate anymore. haha. Next time I better "take it easy!" -Nacho. It was all well-worth it though.)





Conference Weekend brought more than just my one year mark, but many miracles too. :)
Lynn & Joe went to Conference. Joe LOVED hearing the prophet speak and said that the spirit is so much stronger hearing it from them (aka prophets and apostles.) It is so true! Lynn went with a specific question/concern in mind (don't know what it was), but by the third session, it was answered! I love putting the Lord and His love to us specifically to the test, and seeing Him always pull through! It's incredible! The two are still pulling strong and doing great things! We are going to do a sample FHE with their family this coming week cuz Lynn wants us to help her prepare for a month's worth of FHE. (She's so organized and a huge planner!) We are so excited to help her do that! This family is incredible and driving into the gospel. I have been so blessed to work with them!   
    
Also, last Sunday, we met a girl named Amber. We set up an appt to see her that coming Tuesday night. When we got there, it couldn't have been better timing. She had just gotten in a fight with her boyfriend. We were there to comfort her and give her comfort through the gospel of Jesus Christ. We went and saw her just a few days later and we taught her the Restoration. We were on an exchange and Sister Wittwer asked, "if you could hear God tell you anything right now, what would it be?" She said, "Come Home." The spirit was strong throughout the whole lesson. She knows it is true and wanted to come to all the Conference Sessions if she could. We only were able to find her a ride to the Sunday ones since she lives so far out, but she loved both of them. She went with the question, "Is there hope for me?" It was answered when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang, "Softly and Tenderly." She buried her face in her hands and balled as they repeated "Come Home." She now has a baptismal date set for October 25th! We will do everything in our power to help teach her and to give her that new start and life we can find in Christ. :)

Lastly, Conference was another testimony builder for me. I went to Conference with 3 questions to bring to the Lord and He answered all 5! Yes, 5! There were a few other things I didn't think about going into Conference and He gave me answers to the concerns and questions I went with and He also took care of the ones I didn't really think of. THAT is how much He loves us. He will take care of our basic needs and then some. He loves to bless us and give us more and more. How lucky are we to have a Heavenly Father who loves us SOOO Much! I am so grateful that He took the time to think of me specifically and answered all my concerns and more. This is the God we know and love. I promise that if you bring all your questions and concerns to the Lord, He will answer them and give you even more than you had hoped for. He loves you. :)  Isn't that incredible?! I love it! Don't you feel like a spoiled little princess? (Or if you are a boy, a spoiled Prince.) Allow God to show His love to you and spoil you a little bit. All you have to do is go to Him. :)

I love this gospel! We are so lucky! And I love being a missionary! I wish it'd never end!

I love you all!!!

Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment