Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mission Newsletter #41


There was a can of oysters in our apt that Sister Crandall's mom sent in a fun Alaskan package. She left them behind though, and let's be honest, we all know why. haha. Sister Woodard got them out and thought we should try them just for the heck of it! We opened it. Yep, it stunk!! Didn't look very pleasant either... Sister Woodard backed out. Being the little Dare Devil I am, I couldn't not try it, so I did. Uh! Not Worth It! Pretty gross and overly fishy to be honest! But hey, now I can say I've tried canned oysters! And I can promise you this, it will the last time too!



So, my toilet started making angry noises one morning. At first, it seemed like all the Randalls (nasty bugs we keep finding and killing) I flushed down the toilet were joining together to come get revenge on me! It was like Godzilla was about to emerge or something! Like Hercules, I decided to slay this beast! I got down and dirty (ok, let's be honest, it wasn't that bad) and fixed the darn thing! Yep! I fixed the toilet! Thank you Dad for always being a handyman and allowing/making me learn from you! It comes in handy!



Besides toilet slaying, Mission life has been good! Nothing too exciting this week. We dropped a few people, talked to many, many people, and taught lessons. The usual. :) We are still teaching Lynn and Joe and things are going REALLY well there. They are still progressing to baptism and Lynn is so excited for General Conference that she wants to watch every session and not just at home, but at the church! So awesome! Joe will be attending lots of them too, but will probably have to go home after one session cuz of his hip problems, which is totally understandable. Joe is such a rock in the family and it is evident that his testimony keeps growing. He found a diagram on the role of fathers on facebook the other day that works hand in hand with the gospel. He was really excited to find it and show it to us. They have bought their own manuals online and are so zealous in their learning. It has been such a blessing to teach them and let's be honest, just know them! I love that family sooooo much! When we have dinner at that house, they have the whole big family come. It is warm, fun, full of love and I feel right at home! I hope my family can be as close and have as much love as that home does! I wish I never have to leave!

Recently, our President pointed something out to us in Preach My Gospel on page 146, that I wanted to share with y'all. It's the way we can measure our success as a missionary: "The ultimate measure of success is not in achieving goals alone but in the service you render and the progress of others." So, Ultimate Success = Achieving goals + Service + Progress. That is so true! This life is all about serving others, our personal progression and the progression of others around us (the children we raise, our spouses, people we meet/interact with etc.), and achieving that ultimate goal of the Celestial Kingdom. :) As we all strive to do these things throughout our life, we will be successful in returning to our Heavenly Father's presence to live with Him again. I so look forward to that! And we all should look forward to that as we strive and thrive each day.

I love you all and keep y'all in my prayers. Remember, life is a Roller Coaster. Learn to enjoy the ride. :) Have a fantastic week!
Muwah!
Love,

Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment