Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mission Newsletter #40



Life is so good in Russellville! Like really. My new companion is Sister Woodard! She's been out two transfers so far and let's just say, we are working HARD! Maybe too much. haha, We're exhausted and she's not quite used to my "full speed ahead!"ness. She is being so positive about it though! That's the crazy thing about missionary work: the harder you work, the more you love it! She's opening up quick and loving it! She said this is more what she expected a mission to be like, (so that was good to hear.) So here we are, in the middle of the South, working our tails off and having a grand ole time doing it! Love Missionary Work!

Saying goodbye! Elder Gale and Sister Senior going home! Crazy!


My most recent goal is to start picking up the word, "fixin." I think I have the "y'all" down quite nicely. It's easy and flows right off my tongue without even thinking about it. However, not the same with "fixin." (For those who don't know, the South says "fixin to" rather than "about to.") I personally think "fixin" is absolutely adorable! So hope y'all can start noticing me slowly, but surely turn into a Sweet, Southern Bell. :) That's the goal!

On Saturday, the State Fair was in town! Sister Woodard and I went and talked to 40 different people and asked them if they'd be interested in us sharing a message later with them and their family or if they knew anyone who would. Not everyone accepted, naturally, but we worked really hard trying to find those who may be interested. We'll see what miracles will come from those we visited with! (Also, for everyone's info, the beautiful woman with a snake body doesn't exist! Don't do it! It will indeed burst your bubble! Just thought you should know.)

Also, we are still working with Joe and Lynn! I don't if I told y'all last time, but we are now also teaching Coy, Lynn's dad. Things are going so well! We had dinner with their whole family this last week: parents, kids, and grandkids! So Fun! There was about 20 or so of us! I felt right at home! That is what family is all about. Enjoying one another's company and having that love in the home. It was seriously so fun and great to spend the evening with them! I am starting to get so attached to this family. They have great desires to do good and really think. They ask really deep questions and it is such a pleasure to teach them and watch it click! They are so funny and cute seeing their excitement
Deep fried Apples with Cinnamon on Top 
"That's what I call Nutrition!" -Bill Cosby
of the gospel. The fullness we have in this church really is an incredible thing and a huge blessing! It's easy to overlook sometimes when we are used to having it. I am so grateful I was raised with this knowledge and now have the privilege to pass it on to others. Life couldn't be better as a missionary!
Heard from Alisa from Bessemer this last week! Things are going so well for her. I love her family and her so much! I am so glad I was able to come out and build love and friendships like this!
Lastly, this week on Sunday was the primary program. I love that time of year so much. The kids are so cute, sweet, and so HONEST! haha. They say the Darnedest Things! And I love watching them. I can't wait to have kids of my own and be able to watch them up there. It'll be pretty cute AND funny, I'm sure. :) Something to look forward to in my next life, after the mission. But until then, I will do all I can to learn from them and become like them. They earnestly want to learn and know and feel loved. This is a few of the many reasons why I think Christ told us to "become as little children." (Matthew 18:3-4)

I love you all! It has been a blessing to be here in Russellville and I love my new companion, Sister Woodard. She and I will see great things happen together! I just know it!
Love you all!
Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment