Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Missionary Newsletter #59 (Feb 2)

Oh how I've missed my Double Stuffed. :)
This week I bought Gluten Free, Dairy Free Oreos and Ice Cream! First time I've had Oreos in a year and a half! Wahoo!!! So Good! That was my favorite cookie before I found out about my food allergies. Every finals I would stalk up on gold fish, oreos and frozen green beans for my snacks. Those were my studying treats. Since then, I haven't been able to spoil myself the same way. However, Sister Zackrison and I have been craving an oreo blizzard, so that is what we made!! It was so good! I am so grateful to have Oreos back in my life again. :) Probably not a good discovery, cuz I may or may not get addicted, but that's ok. "Our diet starts tomorrow." ;) But for reals. haha.


Our Clean Apt! We've been cleaning it out for weeks! I was working on it before with Sister Brunner, but it was a longer process since it was just me working on it and I wasn't quite sure what was hers or left behind from another sister. However, with Sister Zackrison, we've really attacked the place and made it better! Yipee! It's finally clean and we can function! All the trash is gone (4 garage bags) and we donated 5 garage bags to a thrift store! (We also gave two extra desks we had to the elders cuz they needed them. It is so much better now!) 

So we have been very blessed in teaching many people right now. God has really been mindful of us. The only hindrance seems to be the people's situations. They all seem to be people who will take a while until they can be baptized... Sister Zackrison and I are really trying to do all we can to bring people closer to Christ and if it's not while I'm here, that's ok. As long as I helped them come closer to Christ, I have fulfilled my purpose. 

However, although the people we are teaching right now may not be baptized soon, we are still praying to see a miracle. We have a goal to find someone who is ready and prepared to Come Unto Christ by entering into the waters of baptism, within the 6 weeks we will be serving together in Madison. We have been praying for it and trying to make this a possibility by talking to everyone and tracting whenever we have a chance. Last night, we tracted with this special prayer. We were sure we were going to find a miracle in the neighbor we were led to. Sadly, we did not see that miracle we had hoped for. And although we didn't see it, we know that as we keep trying, God will provide us with this miracle, just perhaps in a different way and in his own timing. "...it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will." (D&C 88:68) This miracle we can expect.

Well, I love you all! Expect Miracles! 
Hope you have a great week!
Love,
Sister Salmond


No comments:

Post a Comment