Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Missionary Newsletter #57 (Jan 19)

It's snowing in Alabama!!!
In all my areas, I try to do everything in my power to help the area Boom by the time I leave. So far, I have been successful and in Madison this week it is really becoming evident! This week we got 8 new investigators and 6 progressing investigators! It's insane how many people are coming out of the wood works and we are working with! God is SO blessing us right now! It is so evident that He has seen our hard work and blessing us cuz, I can assure you, we couldn't do this alone! Sadly, Sister Brunner is being transferred and will not be able to see a lot of these people progress, but I know she will be a big blessing in the next area she goes. :)

Now, let me tell you about one of these miracles. I was on an exchange with Sister Gibbs. She and I were tracting and there were two kids on their bikes. Some missionaries don't talk to kids, but I love talking to them cuz they are honest and not afraid to refer you to neighbors or friends. So, we went up and started talking to them. The boy told us that his mom could use a message of Christ and sent us to his apartment on the next street over. We tracted our way over and knocked on the door. His mom, Tamika, answered. She said her son use to meet with missionaries in the park every Saturday a year ago and because of that is open to have us back over! Things seem really promising with that family which is exciting! 

I looked down at my watch. We had our dinner appointment in 15 minutes and the house was only 5-10 minutes away. I did a mini-debate in my mind, should we knock the second floor of the apartment complex or go to the appointment early. When I have these mini-debates, I have come to shut down the lazy voice quickly now to use the Lord's time more wisely. So, I encouraged us to go to the second story. The first door we knocked, a sweet girl in her later 20's answered the door. We told her we were missionaries and asked if she'd be open to a message of Christ. She agreed! Her name was Brianna and her little 1 year old girl's name is Bailey. They are staying there with her boyfriend, Michael. She said that she's been feeling like she needs to get closer to God and has been really praying for that the last 2 days. She continued to tell us that she's had missionaries knock before and never let them in, but this time for some reason she did. It was so evident that she has been prepared. God has a way of timing that is INCREDIBLE! We left her with a short message and prayer and will be back to teach her again soon. We've been able to keep in touch with her and things look really promising! She is a sweet girl and has a big heart with a big role in this life! Even though we were late to our dinner appointment, it was amazing how the Lord took care of everything because the family was running behind anyway and if we had left to go to their house just that little bit earlier, we would not have met Brianna and would've wasted some of the Lord's time waiting for dinner to be put on. He's timing is perfect and if we do all we can to be obedient and do that little bit extra, He'll take care of us! 

Lastly, we did a talent show with all the Madison missionaries for members to attend and invite their friends. I have to say, I am starting to get over my fear of singing in front of people and I am starting to get better at it. I think the trick has been that the last two times (Christmas Talent Show and Now) I've been so busy I haven't had time to think about it, so I don't have enough time to get nervous, which is good! Sister Brunner and I sang a duet of one of my all time favorite songs "For Those Tears I Died" (Come to the Waters) and in there I had a SOLO! Eek! Anyway, the talent show went great and we got quite a few members come with friends and lots of referrals with it! Such a success! 


Good things are happening in Madison and I'm grateful to be part of it. I hope things are going well for y'all. I love you all so much! Take care!

Love,

Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment