Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Missionary Newsletter #53 (Dec 22)

Ok. So, this week is a little crazy, especially today, so I have to keep the newsletter very short! Sorry!!!

Well, this week was great and a crazy busy one! We had our Mission Christmas Party and there we watched FROZEN!!! Man! I am so lucky and have the best mission ever! Also there was a talent show! Fun! We were in it a number of times, excluding being in charge of it. It's was a crazy day, but full of fun!
Talent Show: Playing the Harmonica I learned that day... Evidently it was a struggle. hahaha. (Madison Sisters with Sister Hanks, Mission Pres.'s wife. She's the sweetest.)
Also, things with Marcia (which I mentioned as Marsha last week) is still going great! She came to our ward Christmas party, which was great! She had planned to come to church and was very excited, however, she was unable to cuz she got called into work right quick. So, hopefully we'll see her next week! But overall, she is doing great and loving the gospel. We gave her a Book of Mormon to start reading and introduced it to her by reading her Helaman 5:12 and told her she could apply the scriptures to herself. She looked down to a different part to the page. She pointed verse 34 and exclaimed, "Hey, I'm a Lamanite! This is the same sh-- I'm going through!" Bahahahahahaha! We couldn't help, but bust out! She is such a pleasure and has such a hunger for God in her life. We left with her Mosiah 24 to read and she said she was crying and wanted more for her next assignment to read! How great is that?! She has a lot in store for her. She will be super blessed.

Making Christmas Cookies with a member for our investigators! So cute!!
Well, I love y'all! Because of the Christmas season, I want to leave you with a wonderful quote Elder Russell M. Nelson said recently, which I just LOVE! "Christmas is a time of reflection on what we can become because of God's sacred gift." I have changed and grown so much in the gospel over the last year because of the Savior and his love and sacrifice for me. I am so grateful for that gift and I pray that I can continually strive to be worthy of it. And I am grateful to start 2015 with new goals and ambitions to become even more than I am today. I love serving here in Alabama.

Have a Merry Christmas!!

With love,

Sister Salmond

This is from our Ward Christmas Party. The four of us attempted to perform, however, we forgot to get a hymn book and the elders ended up forgetting the second verse when it was their turn. We all busted laughing with a grand finish! Ignore that I look like a donkey... haha. It's a horrible spirit animal really, but I can't deny it. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment