Monday, March 31, 2014

Mission Newsletter #25




The Sisters. haha.
AHHHHHHH! We are both being transferred!!! How crazy?! So much to do and so little time! There have been a few tender mercies that the Lord has given me as a farewell gift.  

1. For over three transfers, I have been working to track down a woman named Julie. Let me tell you,
Time with Julie ;)
this has been no easy task. However, we finally caught her and taught her the Restoration on her front porch! With that, the door opened and we were able to teach her once again, the Plan of Salvation. This second encounter, it was evident she was excited to see us. She cleaned up the house, dressed up, and offered us drinks. So sweet! We have made another follow up appointment with her; however, with both of us leaving, the Spanish sisters will continue to teach her. I am so grateful the Lord was able to let us get in her door our last week here! I know that was no mistake.
2. In addition, we were able to catch Mimi! She was the grandmother of Meagan and Michael, who we haven't seen in a long time. It was so good to hear from her. Also, it was wonderful to know Meagan still cared about me. I was afraid she didn't care about us anymore, but Mimi told me that Meagan still talks about me. She said for some reason she always felt a strong connection to me. That was such a tender mercy cuz I always felt that way too. It was such a miracle to be able to leave the area, knowing that she still cares for me. I love her so much.

More Rain!
       3. Thursday night was the Relief Society activity. It was an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party!
There, I was able to witness the biggest miracle of all. At one table sat Arcola, Alisa, and Meca: an active member, my recent convert, and current investigator. All of them were sitting together, enjoying one another's company as family. They each came to the church for various reasons and by various ways, but through the church, they have kindled those relationships. Oh, the joy I had just watching them come together. My love for these women is so great! Watching them, I felt as though I got a small glimpse into the joy of the Celestial Kingdom. If I could have that joy now, I can't even imagine the greater joy we will have in that Kingdom. This was the greatest gift God could give me leaving this area. I know they are all in good hands and will take care of each other.

Well, here comes a new area with new adventures! Don't know where I'm getting sent next, but I know the Lord has a plan. Wish me luck! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment