Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Mission Newsletter #13

It's a New Year! 2014 here we come! Oh how time flies! Also, Congrats to Alexa on her Wedding yesterday! Love ya Couz! 

Update: My letters from now on may not be as extravagant as they have been. We can no longer use the family history centers to email (allowing us to type as long as we want), but from now on must use our local library. We have been spoiled, but luckily it's been a slow week now that we baptized all our investigators last week and finding people have been difficult with the holidays. So there's not much to write anyways!

Good news! Sister Senior and I aren't being transferred!  We are both staying! This will be the longest Sister Senior has ever stayed in an area and I'm now her longest companion! Not trying to make her boyfriend jealous or anything, but me, right here, I am the LONGEST she has ever spend with someone outside her family. Boo ya Baby! We obviously have more people for us to find and teach together. There is so much more for me to learn from her. "She's got a life-time of knowledge." 

I relearned how to use an umbrella this week. Pathetic I know! It has been very rainy and last night it pouring! So, I pulled out the umbrella, but as I was getting soaked in the dark, I couldn't find the umbrella button to make it magically open!  Where was it!  I started trying to force it open, but that too didn't work! Finally, I found the easy button on the opposite side. It's about time I figured out how to use my umbrella. Maybe it would've been better to run for shelter than mess with my umbrella as I continued to become drenched. Whatever.

Miracles of the Week: 

1. Sister Senior's recent convert disappeared when I moved into the area about 3 months ago. She just picked up and moved without telling anyone where she went. We have searched for her with no success. About a month ago, we gave up. As we were driving, Sister Senior suggested that we try her one more time. It was so random I agreed. Don't mess with revelation! However, when we went to the house that we believed was her's, we were informed by a neighbor we were incorrect. We've tracted that whole street pretty much trying to find her. We decided to talk to her mother once more to get more direction of where she could be living. But low and behold, there she was outside! What a miracle?! She was their for her grandson's first birthday party! Sister Senior and her were reunited once again! The Lord wanted us to find us to find her. Talking to her went so well as we bore our testimony of prayer and the love of our Heavenly Father. We hope we can keep seeing her and bring her back unto Christ. There is no such thing as coincidences. 

2. We were leaving Meagan and Michael's house, when I felt that we should try to see Sherry. She is a neighbor of a less active that we met. We stopped by and the less went so smoothly. We left a Book of Mormon with her along with the new My Family packet. She has a large interest of family history work. I know that the Lord has prepared her for us to visit because as we briefly taught her of the Spirit World, she told us that that is what she has always believed. No church that she has attended has told her that, but she has always felt that. She has also stopped attending her church recently, so it's like the Lord planned the timing just right. We have such high hopes for her as it was so evident that the Spirit was present.

Lastly, before I go, I wanted to share something I learned this week. As you guys probably know, I love being people's favorite. I have worked so hard to be my mom's favorite. She doesn't like to admit it, but I know where I lie. ;) But this is something I have always wondered when it comes to God. How can I be highly favored like Nephi states? I want to be one of God's favorites and this week, I found out how! In Alma 27: 27, it spoke of the people that they were (a) perfectly honest (b) upright in all things (c) firm in their faith of Christ. The equation continues in verse 30: (d) zealous and then (e) become a highly favored and beloved people of the Lord. a+b+c+d=e. This is how we can all become a favored people of the Lord. I promise you that as you become this type of people, you too will be favored.

I love you all. Have a happy week!
Love,
Sister Salmond

p.s. Sorry, no exciting pictures this week. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment