Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mission Newsletter #31


Ok. Maybe I'm a little over dramatic... but seriously, it was a great week with so many highlights!


1. I GOT CHIGGERS! Probably shouldn't be excited about this, but hey, I got a good ole classic Southern initiation! It had to happen sometime. So right now I have bugs inside of me eating my insides! Gross! Totally nasty to think about, especially being the total girl that I am, but oh well. haha. But take a peek and see for yourself! (And yes, I totally stuck my leg up in the air to show my family when we SKYPED yesterday!!! Love them!)

2. I found the cutest little colony of baby grasshoppers! They are so tiny! There were about 15 of them when we were walking the other day on the side walk. They were so cute that I wish I could adopt them, but I would probably kill them cuz I don't know the first thing about taking care of baby bugs...

3. We got to scrub down a house of an elderly couple in our ward. Here in the south, because of the
humidity, moss grows on the houses. At first I didn't know why we were going to go wash down a house and it seemed so weird, but now I understand why. These things don't happen in the west so I had no clue. I kind of felt like Tom Sawyer white washing. "Gratification, Gratifying!" Love being able to do serve so often in Sylacauga. It is truly such a blessing!

4. I got a package this week from a mom of one of the sisters in my mission! This Sister is also Gluten Free and I guess told her mom about me! So Sweet! I got Cookies in the mail for Easter from an Alternative Baking Company! They are so good! Best Gluten, Dairy and Egg Free Cookies I have had yet! It's been a long 9 months waiting for a moment like this! My life is now complete. :) A girl’s got to have her cookies. :)
Cookie Easter Package!

5. Got to try a tiny, good BBQ place the other day! Only shared a small side of baked beans cuz we're poor missionaries, but they were so good! We've been wanting to eat at a classic country BBQ. Loved it.
Big Daddy BBQ. So good!
6. Got to also Skye my family! We all know that was a treat! I love them all so much!

7. Justin got baptized this last Saturday! After a weekend away, stepping back, he was ready to make that step! He was baptized in a creek only minutes away. It was such an amazing experience. Seeing him in the water was so picturesque. It was almost like the painting of Christ being baptized by John the Baptist. The experience was indescribable. I feel so blessed that everything worked out and I was able to witness this beautiful event. (Matt 3:16)

Remember how much I love you all! Hope you all had a wonderful mother's day week! And I hope you all left them with a big hug and a kiss on the cheek!

Love you!
Sister Salmond

p.s! I hope everyone notices the week of PINK!!! Totally coincidence, but the only day I am not wearing pink in on Justin's baptism. Should've planned better! Dang it! haha. I love being a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment