Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mission Newsletter #19

We moved this week! Our New Address:
Sis. Heather Salmond
569 Flint Hill Trace #61
Bessemer, AL 35022

Or you can always reach me by writing to the Mission Home:
Sis. Heather Salmond
3100 Lorna Rd Ste 102,
Birmingham, AL 35216
Here's some photos of the move!
Old apartment emptied out!

Where's Waldo?

Dinner is served...couldn't get to anything, so cereal on the floor it is!

Working hard to clean things up!

So relieved we are all done!

Sister Senior is for sure being transferred this coming Wednesday. It'll be sad to see her go & weird at the same time! Besides the MTC, she has been my only companion. Bessemer won't be the same without her.
Valentine's Day! The Day of Love. Well, not for me, but I hope you all had a fabulous Valentine's Day. That'll maybe be something I can enjoy once again in a few years... So, Sister Senior and I took the liberty to celebrate it with each other by giving each other baskets! We bought them from a less active member in our ward who makes them. (They were sweet to give us a missionary discount.)
Valentine's Baskets



Elder Osiemo got me a Valentine! Well, really he just saw 1D stickers and thought of me. :) haha. He's like one of my favorite missionaries! Buds.

We also went out with an elderly lady in our ward, Sister Humphries. :) She is seriously the sweetest, cutest lady ever!  She was our Valentine and we spent that lunch with her at a Chinese Buffet. We love Sister Humphries. 
Our valentine, Sister Humphries :)
When we got out of our lunch with Sister Humphries, we had a missed call and message from one of the Senior couples in the mission office. We listened to the message and found out they were going to be at our apt in a half an hour cuz we'll be moving! We needed to move to a 2-bedroom apartment because we'll be sharing an apartment with the spanish-speaking sisters in our area. We raced to our next appt to inform them of the situation and then raced home to pack. We were throwing our clothes into our suitcases as the elders started removing our furniture and beds! It was utter chaos! Within an our we were cleared out and everything was left piled all over in our new apartment. What a disaster?! In my pictures, you will be able to see what I'm talking about. (Also, look carefully because I played a little bit of "Where's Waldo?" for ya! hehe.)
Gourmet lunch at the Kilgores - My massive hogi sandwich on my gluten free, egg free, dairy free bread! hehe!
The next day, we were informed by Bishop to come and pick up bikes from Alisa's 3 boys. They were donated by an anonymous individual. We then dropped off the bikes! They loved them! At first, they were confused. Not understanding that the bikes were for them, but then they hopped on and went crazy. I love that family! 

To conclude, I want to share Ether 3:4-6. Some people can have hearts of stone and cut us off or the message we share. As we pray and fast for those we care about, whose hearts may be hardened, can be touched by the Lord and be filled with light. I testify this is true. I love you all and sorry for the shorter email. There's just a lot going on right now. I love you and have a great week!

Love, 
Sister Salmond 

No comments:

Post a Comment