Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mission Newsletter #33

Goodbye to the District
This week is transfers and I am leaving Sylacauga! :'( I don't know my new area or companion yet, but pretty soon here, we'll see! I always love change and new adventures; however it is always so hard to say goodbye.

We all got awards at the end of our district meeting.
         Mine- Where is the Love? (For always giving Love)
         Sis. Shattuck's- Sassy Sister (For her sassy humor. haha. Love her.)
Since my last week in the branch was fast and testimony meeting, there was no way I could not get up and bear my testimony and these wonderful people for my experiences here. As I got up and spoke, I started to get a little teary. I tried to put on my big boy pants, suck in the tears, and take it like a man, but as much as I tried, I couldn't hold them back. The tears came and the little autistic girl in the branch yelled, "She's crying! Stop crying!" I tried to comfort her by assuring her over the pulpit, "It's okay honey." I don't think it helped much because she made a whiny noise and then left the room upset. She is so cute. It is sweet of her to always be concerned about me. I'm going to miss her and the liveliness she brings. :)

Before I always leave an area, it seems like the Lord always gives me a gift, telling me that the people I love are taken care of. This time, for my last Sunday, I was able to see Walter bring his boys to church. He has twin boys who are 10 years old that he's been wanting to have come with him, but have been having problems getting them with the X. It was so great to see him so happy there with his boys in church. Walter is a great man and father. That is the scene that makes our Father in Heaven (and I) so happy to see: us, in our families, enjoying the blessings that come from his gospel. I know that God softened Walter's x-wife's heart to allow his boys to come to church that last Sunday of mine. I couldn't have asked for a greater gift or blessing as I leave such a wonderful place.

Recooping from a lesson gone awry.
Also, this last week, we visited with a sweet Christian family we tracted into. What we thought was potentially a great family to strengthen the branch prepared to receive the full gospel, was actually quite the opposite. They were trying to preach to us and save our souls. They believe we have a false prophet and that the Bible is complete and therefore, we don't need the Book of Mormon. They also believe in the Trinity. The wife desired the Trinity as something that you can't really explain because He is an almighty, powerful God, but more something she can just feel and know with all her heart. By the end of the meeting, she teared up as she feared we were going to hell. I felt love from her, as I know that is how she truly feels. I thanked her for loving us enough to open her mouth and share her beliefs. Not many do now days, I know that took a lot for her to share that, even though we feel differently. After leaving that night, it strengthened my testimony in this gospel. I am so grateful that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, where I know that God loves all His children and speaks to them in the Bible and Book of Mormon, as well as today, through a modern-day prophet. I am also grateful to have that clear understanding and relationship with God, knowing that the Godhead is three distinct people who all work together out of their love for us. There is so much love that comes from that one basic principle. Lastly, besides the many evidences I have seen in my life over and over again, I know the church is true because of how it impacts me. It shows me my potential to become everything my Father in Heaven is and helps me become the best person I can be. In that, I know our Heavenly Father loves us all and desires that all of us see our potential and reach to become it. I love this gospel and am grateful for the knowledge and fullness we have in these latter-days. There just is no other way.

I love y'all and hope y'all the best! You are in my prayers! Wish me luck at Transfers! haha.
Love,
Sister Salmond

p.s. Dextiny will be getting baptized next week because sadly she got Strep just a couple days before her baptismal date. :'( However, she's feeling better now. I hope I'll be able to come back for it, since she asked me to speak at it. Either way, I'll give y'all an update. Love ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment