Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mission Newsletter #31

After several weeks of go, Go, GO, Sister Shattuck and I found it appropriate to have some relax time. So,
we did the classic girls night on Monday.  Face Masks! Oh Baby! You better believe it. Lots of fun and giggles. Work hard, come home, and play hard. ;) We took some crazy pictures. I love being a girl!

On Tuesday, we went to our appointment with Anna and Stephanie. They had mentioned a skating rink opening back up with us recently, but failed to mention that they were the ones opening it! What?! So, instead of teaching a full lesson, we ended up going home, getting on some
working clothes, and fetching the elders. We tore up the whole skating rink! I found a jack pot while sweeping up tiles! I found quarters, dimes, nickles, and pennies! You name it, I found it! Most of you know how excited I get when I find a coin on the ground, can you imagine a whole cup full! This was every kid's dream! I didn't keep it, however. It is their rink, so I gave it to them for the cause. They said they were going to frame it as the first funds made by the skating rink (minus the quarters we already used to buy everyone drinks. haha.)  Either way, it was so much fun!

District Meeting on Friday ended up being a party! We surprised Elder McGee with a birthday party! Sister Shattuck & I made the cake. I wish you could've seen Sister Shattuck turn into Picasso as she launched the red sprinkles onto the sides of the cake. It was a beautiful sight.


Following the mini birthday celebration, we had our district meeting.  We a great object lesson! All of us
were paired up and taped together. Each in a different way, symbolizing different scenarios that can make mission life challenging. We had to go across the church, grab our object and make it back to our room first. Needless to say, Sister Shattuck and I won! We have it on video, which is pretty funny! There was a nice cat fight at the end with me getting dragged behind screaming. haha. Very fun activity and there was a lot I was able to learn from it at the end too. Those are the best kinds of lessons cuz you'll remember them forever.

After district meeting, we picked up kittens from a less active to give to Esse, who wanted them. However, we had to wash them first to get out fleas and dirt. They turned into devilish aliens as we washed them, as I swear they always do. Besides that, they are the cutest, sweetest kittens I have ever met. :) It was fun to be able to hold little kittens again!

This Sunday, Walter passed sacrament for the first time! He bought a new white shirt and tie for it. He looked so sharp! He is so incredible! I love being able to continue to see his progression and love for the gospel grow.


Lastly, in the south, we get asked a lot, "when where you saved?" or "have you been saved?" I am so grateful to be part of a gospel where being "saved" isn't a one-time event, but a continual process. In 1 Ne 22:31, we are told that it obedience to God's commandments and enduring to the end that will save us at the last day. Oh, how much more growth comes from us continually striving to meet God, then having it be a moment and then calling it done. That is so uncharacteristic of God. "He is the same yesterday, today, and forever." I am grateful that I have the opportunity to continually strive to meet Him once again one day. I want to be all His has in store for me and more. Lagniappe. Let's all strive for that.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

Lots of Love,
Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment