Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mission Newsletter #4

So much happened this week! Where do I even start?

First off, our mission president required all of us to memorize D&C 4. It's a short chapter, but an amazing one for missionary work! Family (and anyone else who wants extra blessings), I encourage you to check it out and maybe do it for fhe or something. I have really come to love it.

Also, Exciting moment! I'm getting better with scriptures! I can open them up and turn to a scripture to help someone more and more on demand. It's coming better and better each day as we teach and study. It's a great feeling to have the Lord speak instead of trying to say it yourself. So much more powerful.

You know how lady bugs and rolly pollies are my two favorite bugs? NOT ANYMORE! We tried to stop by and visit an inactive member's home and it was swarming with Lady Bugs!!! Let me tell you though, these are Devil Lady Bugs! There are fake devil lady bugs here that look like Lady Bugs, but they are orangey-
Ginormous rolly polley
yellow. These are also known as Pine Bugs. They are similar to Lady Bugs but they eat wood and BITE!  The covered this house and when we knocked, They swarmed like bees! Sister Senior and I screamed and
Rolly Polley-Zilla
ran! When they settled down, we headed back to the house to wait for them to answer. Good thing is no one was home. That could've been really awkward with our freak out. Now Rolly Pollies. They are deformed here! I didn't believe in evolution until now! They are enlarged and long here! They are known as Centipedes, but whatever! I know that it’s just Godzilla Rolly Pollies! They're disgusting!

 Charlotte at her finest.



Also, I have always hated spiders, but that has been magnified. There are Charelotte's Web spiders around here EVERYWHERE! And let me tell you, she is not nearly as cute as she was in the movie! See for yourself! (in the pics)






Last Friday,we went and knocked on Sabrina's door. She's in her 40s and has been inactive for over a year. When she opened the door, she was timid, but we just re-invited her to come to church. She accepted. We have started visiting her and she has been coming to church and ward activities since. She is glowing. What an AMAZING miracle? Just by one knock and invite, Sabrina has got a new energy for life and spirit about her.

Wednesday was our ward's Trunk or Treat activity! It was a lot of fun! It started with a chili dinner and then
Trunk or Treat!
Sister Senior and I ran off to run the games for the primary kids. Elder Leali'ie'e and Elder Osiemo was supposed to come too, but they came late. Food comes first with men. haha. Then it was the Trunk or Treat part and YM Haunted House. It's a big tradition. We were told we would get a lot of nonmembers there, so we were looking forward to getting new investigators, but it didn't end up happening. To be honest, there really wasn't really that many guests and those who were were related to someone and don't want to take the lessons. That's ok though. It was a good try. The whole night was still really fun!

Elder Leali'ie'e (From Texas and Samoa) and Elder Osiemo (from Kenya). We work with them like every day and I mentioned them above, so I thought I'd send a picture of them. This is the best shot I could find.




On Halloween, Sister Senior and I dressed really cute in orange and black. We were probably the cutest ones on the block. As we headed up to the library (on a special mission a-okayed by President), we were stopped by a sweet black lady who just checked out some books. She was so cheery and said she has talked to missionaries before. I perked up, thinking "NEW INVESTIGATOR! Whoot Whoot!" She then asked, "The first thing I noticed was that you two have something in common. Do know what that may be?" Me, being totally conceited and relying on past comments we have received a lot, I replied "Our smiles?" Smiling really big and bright at her. "No," she said, "you're both wearing Satanic clothing." I definitely didn't see that one coming. Needless to say, that contact didn't work out. Look at the picture though and judge for yourself. Do we really look like devil worshipers to you? I personally think we look adorable, but whatevers.
Halloween outfits. (Blogspot keeps flipping the picture, I'll try to fix it later - sorry!)

Saturday was Tywanna's baptism. She was interviewed by President the day before and everything was good to go. (Can I just say, he is the best Mission President ever?!) What a special day that was for Tywanna. She has been receiving such a hard, hard time from her family, but they ending up coming after all and supporting her. We asked them to, but didn't really expect it since they were yelling at her about it just the day before. We have prayed so hard for their hearts to be softened, and Heavenly Father softened them! The next day, Tywanna was confirmed in church. The spirit was SO strong when she received the Holy Ghost. Incredible enough, all three of her trials were directly mentioned in her blessing and the person giving it was not aware of them. That was a huge testimony builder to us and Tywanna. God knows us individually and loves each of us individually. No matter how hard life gets, if we turn to Him, he will extend out his arm to help and lift us up.  He is aware of you and me. Never forget that.

Well, That was my week for ya. I love you all and have a great week! Write me!

No comments:

Post a Comment