Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mission Newsletter #6

Well, I am not going to lie. It's been the roughest week yet! I've had pretty smooth sailing leading up to now, so I knew it had to come sometime soon. So here it was! Satan has piled on one thing than the next. He's such a bully. Besides all the personal attacks, we have an overall slow, unsuccessful week WITHOUT A CELLPHONE! Why no phone? Yes, I lost it. I don't know what happened. The last place we used it was in the car, so I think it fell out when I got out of the car. We eventually got a new one, but we had to get quite creative at times. haha. That's ok though. It can only go up from here. I know that as we rely on the Lord, we will find those we need to find (and I get through my own personal problems laters.)

Using the church phone. Making life work without a phone!
Good things have come this week though! We finally got back in contact with Alisa, an investigator who only got the restoration lesson right before I came in the area. We've tried to catch her since, but her power and phone was cut off and she was always gone at work, so it was close to impossible to get her, but we finally ran into her!!! We set up an appt for the next day and came back. This time, she had her 4 little kids sit in (the oldest one is 9.) They brought such enthusiasm to the lessons and helped her with her learning! At the end of the lessons, they set up a date and time with us and then Alisa said, set it up with them and I'll just ask it off. It has been great! We have already come another time since and taught the family and have an appt forTuesday. I am so happy everything is working so great from them!  
An adorable card I made for our investigator, Carolyn, at our RS activity on Thurs. 
Embarrassing Moment! We ended up sitting in on a lesson with the elders since our appts fell through. It was with John. It was the end of the night, so I have to admit, my focus wasn't 100%, but I was trying hard to still contribute and pay attention. Let me clarify, I was definitely focused, just I was having a grand ole' blonde time. We were talking to him about feeling the Holy Ghost and he said he only can feel it sometimes. I then asked him if he would like to feel that all the time. He said yes. I then said, "You can if feel that happiness and joy all the time when you are baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." "I have been baptized." John responded. AAAAHHHH!!!!! No way! Freakin Awkward! Yeah, remember what I said about being blonde, yeah! It totally didn't phase me that Elder Leali'ie'e had said he was a RECENT CONVERT and they hadn't taught him all the after baptismal discussions before we started! Oh My Embarrassing!!! That might be the worse embarrassing moment yet! I still get embarrassed and minor anxiety when I see him at church because of this. 

Went to a thrift store. Best $1.50 I have EVER spent!
This week was also full of aw-ha moments. I want to share one in particular. I was reading about the Kingdoms in D&C 76 because I was needed to mark them and identify the different kingdoms anyways with it being a new scripture set and all. As I began to read about the Terrestial Kingdom, I read in verse 74-75, "Who received not the testimony of Jesus in the flesh, but afterwards received it. These are they who are honorable men of the earth..." It is OUR responsibility as missionaries and members to share the gospel and find these people! If we don't, who will! It is up to us to help others so we can have as many of our brothers and sisters there with us in the Celestial Kingdom as possible! That is so important! I can't believe I didn't know this before! What a great responsibility we have! And what a special blessing we have! God blessed us to give us the church. What an incredible thing! He gave us the knowledge and all we have to do is to stay faithful. How sad is it for those who do not have this knowledge, but is seeking for it? I encouraging all of you to open your mouth about the gospel even more! Be a missionary and an example. It's up to us to help those we love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment