Monday, April 13, 2015

Missionary Newsletter #69 (Apr 13)

Tracting
Hilarious sign!
So, this week is starting to get crazy cuz I am starting to feel the mission come to a close and it's been heartbreaking. Sister Warren and I had our exit interviews with President Hanks already. I bawled the whole time. I couldn't keep it together! The mission has become a huge part of me and I am so sad to see it go! However, I am grateful we have had such a big week to keep me distracted on the tasks at hand, cuz if I think about going home, I cry.

Last District Photo
The week started off with Missionary Leadership Council. We received AMAZING council from President Hanks on prayer. He told us to never give up in the hard times and keep praying. I have such a testimony of that and I needed to hear that and be reminded of that. It answered my prayers. Sister Hanks also helped us with our little irritations, which is such a real thing, not only on the mission, but back home as well. It is such a privilege and blessing to go to these meetings and learn from such amazing people. They have become some of the people I look up to the most in this world. They are like my personal heroes.

Sis. Mason with little Sariah playing with her hair. :)
We then, as leaders, had the responsibility to prepare the trainings we were taught and present them to our zone. After a day of preparation, we were able to do that. :) It went quite well! So, MLC was all day Tuesday, preparation was most of Wednesday and then Thursday was the Zone Training. We went straight into an exchange right after! I was with Sister Mason in Columbus for that. I took her to meet Minnie and DeDe. The grandkids LOVED Sis. Mason, especially Sariah. She played with her hair the whole lesson. :) haha. After a fabulous Friday we switched back. The week was already gone!!! Where did time go?! So Saturday we did a day of tracting! Yay! Had to enjoy these last few days doing things we won't be able to do when we get home!

This Sunday was Stake Conference with Elder Tony Parker. He was on the movie Meet the Mormons apparently. haha. But he was a great speaker! He had a little bit of the preacher still in him, which was so fun to see! Minnie and DeDe were able to come and LOVED IT! After Conference that day, we were able to experience the best thing of all: Minnie & DeDe's baptism!! They were baptized! The spirit was so strong when they received the Holy Ghost! It was definitely a baptism I'll never forget! A chance in a life time! I wouldn't want to end my mission any other way!



​Although it's sad to have my mission come to a close, I'm sure not done yet! Another day! I'm still kickin' and then I still will be able to see a few people from my areas with the family since they will be picking me up. What a blessing! I look forward to these next few days! Wish me luck!

Lots of Love,
Sister Salmond

#foreveramissionary

Saying goodbye to Kenneth! He is an incredible man, who is SO knowledgeable about the Bible. So much so, our church supports all he believes. He feels the spirit so strong and I know he'll come to the church one day. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment