Monday, December 8, 2014

Mission Newsletter #48

So this week has been an interesting one. The weather has really taken a turn... FOR THE WORSE!
It's fReEzInG! and I'm a wimp and can't handle it! Ok... maybe I can, I just don't like to. haha. Unfortunately, with the change of weather, everyone is getting sick! Over half our zone has caught a gnarly cold, including my companion and I! Mine is not bad at all. Very livable. A little sore throat, sneezing and a runny nose, here and there, but nothing bad. Millie on the other hand is dying and going to her grave. She has hacked up a couple of lungs, completely lost her voice and looks overall very sad. Poor thing!  So, we've been indoors quite a bit these last few days. Some may fake being sick, but trust me, this girl is a trooper, and REALLY sick. No worries though, the ward is taking good care of us and we got her some prescription medications this morning finally, so things should be turning around in no time! Hallelujah!

Also, I finally gave in to mission life and got myself some good old granny shoes. ;) They have the nice support on the inside, nice style, and HEIGHT! Talk about groovy, man! Gotta love 'em!
Granny Shoes :) Look at that support & the tassels are boss. ;)

This week, even with the sickness, we had some fun activities! We went to Sandra's house on Saturday and got some good "soul food!" Soul food, for those who may not know, is true southern cookin'. Yes, this sweet lady who we met, offered to show us how it was done. And let me tell ya, we dun it! It was good, although my plate looked a little different from everyone else's. haha.
Everyone had these action shots of making food. All of it I couldn't eat so I was only in charge of the salad. Ta-da! That is one nice salad! ;)

Everyone else's plate

My plate

Lastly, we've been teaching a guy named Ryan. We met him at the mall when he was out on his break. He is a proclaimed agnostic, not because of a lack of faith, but because he has yet to find a religion that he believes is true or right for him. After meeting him, we met up with him the next day. It was so cool meeting and talking with him. It's like God lined everything up for him to receive the gospel. When we gave him the Book of Mormon, he was excited to get started. Since then, he has read 8 chapters and come to church! He loves everything so far and things are going well with him. It's cool to hear everything that comes out of his mouth. It's like he is thinking what I am and says it before I even have a chance to express it! Talk about the spirit! ("[the Holy Ghost] shall teach you all things" John 14:26) It's seriously great to be teaching with him. :)

Well, I love you all. Take care!

Hugs & Kisses!
Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment