Friday, December 6, 2013

Mission Newsletter #8

After lessons, many times Sister Senior and I smell like smoke, so when we came to the White's right after teaching; we got the spray of shame. haha.
As you all know, this last week was Thanksgiving!!! So I just want to take a moment to say thank you!

Thank you to my parents. They are absolutely amazing for all they do. They have raised me amazingly and it's because of them, I am who I am today.
Thank you to my family. I love you all. Know that.
Thank you to everyone sacrificing for me to be here on the mission, either directly or indirectly. I can't tell you how much it means to me.
Thank you to all my family and friends supporting me while I am out here. I love every one of your letters. They are better than candy!
Thank you for everyone who has been a part of my life and impacted me every step of the way.
Thank you for the humor moments that put smiles on my face.
Thank you to those at the Charleston: employees and residents. I have so many fond memories and lessons I have learned there. You have completely changed my life for the better.



       There is much more I am thankful for, but this is a good mini summary that applies to those of you who are reading this. Overall, thanksgiving was very good. We mainly spent our time with the Bush family and then visited a few other members as well. It was wonderful to have so much familiarity on the holiday. The food was very similar. The things that are different include Deep Fried Turkey! Wow! This is incredible! I don't know if I can go back to regular baked turkey again. It's makes it more moist and flavorful. And then, instead of Stuffing, they have Corn Bread "Dressing" or Stuffing, and then Sweet Potato Pie instead of Pumpkin Pie. I could try these last two, but from what I've heard from the other missionaries, stick to stuffing and pumpkin pie. haha.

Also, Zone Conference took place right before Thanksgiving. It was Spiritual and uplifting. They asked us to come with a question and they promised we would receive an answer. I took their challenge and wrote down the question. I can testify that the Lord loves us and hers our prayers. He is mindful of us and our questions and concerns and if we ask, we shall receive.




This week's HUGE miracle! Alisa surprised us and came to church! She works every Sunday and by her coming to church, she just gave up her job. She is very poor and struggles to pay her bills and support her four dear children. WOW! What incredible faith and trust she has to give up all she has for the Lord. She reminds me of the Widow's Mite. She gave only a little, but it was all she had, so it was much more in the Lord's eyes because of her sacrifice. Although we have had other families we are teaching come to church, it was her attendance that was the true miracle.
Visiting with Bro. Tubbs
As for the investigators in last week's miracles, they are still progressing incredibly. God knew they were ready to receive the Gospel. It's truly not us doing the work, God is. Megan & Mike are still set for Dec 28th for their baptism. They are planning to be wed before then and they asked Sister Senior and I to come! They will have a small ceremony and committed to obey the Law of Chastity before then. What a joyous experience! It was seriously one of the sweetest, most powerful moments I have seen on my mission thus far.

What a marvelous work that is coming forth among these children of men. I promise all of you that the church is true. God truly loves His children. He wants them to find joy and will help them along the way. Don't ever forget that.

Love,
Sister Heather Salmond

p.s. If you plan to send me any letters for the holidays, please make sure to send them to my current address. The mission office will be too crazy.Thanks! I hope to hear from all of you! :)

569 Flint Hill Trace #82
Bessemer, AL 35022
No room for Homie Gs here, just Happy Gs. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment